- LIC agent is the person who provides advice on Life Insurance Planning to people to protect their family from unexpected events of death, disability and retirement of the bread winner.It is a noble profession indeed.
- LIC agent also contributes to economic development of the country. As the money collected towards life insurance premium goes towards Nation Building Activities e.g: Roads, Railways, Ports, Bridges, Water supply, Electricity, Housing etc.
- Top LIC agents earn between ₹3 crores to ₹4 crores per annum.
- The average gross income of top 20% of LIC agents is above ₹12 lakhs per annum.
You will be trained in such a way that you will be among top 20% of agents within 3 years’ time, the only pre-requisites are Passion and Hard work.
Attributes to become Successful LIC Agent:
- You should be outgoing and love to meet people.
- You should be ambitious to start your own Business.
- You should have Good Communication Skills.
- You should have lot of Perseverance.
- You should be willing to work hard with lot of Dedication and Devotion.
- You should be prepared to accept rejections as stepping stone.
Benefits of LIC Agency as a Career:
- LIC agency is considered today as the highest paid profession in the world.
- It also provides you with the Royalty Income.
- You can start your own Business with less Capital Investment.
- You have freedom to set your own working hours.
- You have the opportunity to earn as per your potential.
- Your work gets easier and less demanding as your business grows.
Club Membership is the recognition bestowed upon the agents to increase their status in the society and in the Corporation.
Following are the levels of club membership depending up on the Business performance:
- Distinguished Club.
- Branch Manager’s Club.
- Divisional Manager’s Club.
- Zonal Manager’s Club Member.
- Chairman’s Club.
- Club Galaxy.
- Corporate Club Member.
The total monetary equivalent of all above benefits ranges from ₹5,500 to ₹6,20,000, depending up on level of Club Membership
Following additional benefits are given over and above the commissions’ payable:
- Office Allowance to maintain your own office.
- Telephone/Mobile bill reimbursement.
- Reimbursement of Sales Promotional Gift items.
- Interest free advance for purchase of Car/Motorbike.
- Interest free advance for purchase of office equipments.
- Interest free advance for Training.
- Interest free Festival Advance.
- Housing loan at concessional rate of interest.
- Term Insurance and Mediclaim benefits.
- Guest house facility throughout India at concessional rates as applicable to employees.
- Annual Convention.
- Attestation authority.
The total monetary equivalent of all above benefits ranges from ₹5,500 to ₹5,50,000, depending up on level of Club Membership.
Agents are entitled to get the gratuity at age 60/65 years after serving for minimum 15 years. At present the Maximum Gratuity amount payable is ₹ 2,00,000/- depending up on the amount of renewal commission paid during last 15 years before age 60.
What is MDRT:
Founded in 1927, the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), The Premier Association of Financial Professionals, is an international, independent association of nearly 36,000 of the world's leading life insurance and financial services professionals from more than 430 companies in 78 countries. MDRT members demonstrate exceptional professional knowledge, strict ethical conduct and outstanding client service.
MDRT membership is recognized internationally as the standard of sales excellence in the life insurance and financial services business.
To qualify for the membership of MDRT agents have to earn the prescribed First Year Commission excluding the Bonus Commission OR brings prescribed First Year Premium during the Calendar year.
Total 6114 agents from LIC of India qualified for MDRT 2012..
Total 4800 agents from LIC of India qualified for MDRT 2016 – No. 1 in World
|Sr. No.||Membership||Criteria||First Year Commission||First Year Premium|
|2.||Court of the Table- COT||3 Times MDRT||₹26,22,000||₹1,04,88,000|
|3.||Top of the Table -TOT||6 Times MDRT||₹ 52,44,000||₹ 2,09,76,000|
Through our training process we will make sure that you will qualify for Basic MDRT by the end of 3rd year of your agency.
First year Commission of TOP 10 TOT 2014 qualifiers from LIC of India:
|Rank||Name||Branch||First Year Commission Excluding Bonus Commission|
|1.||Shri V VENKATESWARA RAO||Vishakhapatnam||₹2,05,09,585|
|2.||Smt SANGITA MAHESHWARI||Indore||₹1,77,58,368|
|3.||Shri BHARAT V PAREKH||Nagpur||₹1,09,52,152|
|4.||Shri RAVINDAR JETHANI||Mumbai||₹1,01,24,090|
|5.||DR.BALWANT SINGH CHIRANA||Delhi||₹88,11,908|
|6.||Shri AUTI DATTATRAY JAYRAM||Mumbai||₹86,46,357|
|7.||Shri PULKIT KHANDELWAL||Delhi||₹70,71,261|
|8.||Shri BHIMAN DAS||Kolkata||₹67,92,431|
|9.||Shri DEEPAK DHABALIA||Mumbai||₹66,31,879|
|10.||Smt HEENA HITESH SHAH||Mumbai||₹66,01,442|
Out of Top 10 TOT-2014 qualifiers four are from Mumbai. This shows that insurance Awareness and Potential is more in Mumbai and People have more Trust in LIC.
- Need Analysis
- Plan Presentation
- Closing of Sale
- After Sales Service
Indian Insurance Market
- It is one of the least Insured Market in the world.
- Out of total insurable population only 40% are covered till today.
- These 40% also are also not adequately covered.
- Only 20% of total agency force is working as Professionals, and these 20% brings 80% of total life Insurance business.
We will help build your career as a professional agent and make sure that you will be among these top 20% agents.
- Low Insurance Penetration.
- Low Insurance Density.
- Low Volume of Life Insurance Premium.
- High per capita Savings.
- Increase in working population.
- Growth in personal Income.
- High Consumer Awareness.
- Strong LIC brand.
Procedure to become LIC Agent:
- Education Qualification : Graduate (HSC pass will be considered for exceptional Candidates)
- Mandatory Class room Training for 50 hours. ( About 10 days) OR Online Training.
- Passing of IRDA Examination.
- Issue of License by IRDA.
- ₹ 150 Registration Fees.
- ₹ 150 Online Training Fees. No Charges for Classroom training.
- ₹ 425 IRDA Examination Fee.
Total: ₹ 725 for Online Training OR
₹ 575 for Classroom Training.
Cost of Study Material of IRDA Exam will be Extra.
- The remuneration will be paid to you in the form of Commission as percentage of premium collected through the policies sold by you.
- It is not a one time commission on a sale made by you.
- It provides you the royalty income through out the term of policy.
- As long as policy holder pays the Premium you will get the commission.
- Moreover this commission is hereditary i.e. it will be paid to your nominees even after your death.
The Commission rates on regular premium policies are as under:
First year Commission : 4% to 25% depending up on the type & term of the policy.
Bonus Commission : 40% of first year commission.
2nd and 3rd year of policy: 2% to 7.50% depending up on the type and term of policy.
4th year onwards : 2% to 5% depending up on the type and term of policy.
Example of Commission on Endowment type of policy of Term 15 years and above:
1st Year Commission : 25% of Premium.
Bonus Commission : 40% of first year Commission (i.e. 10% of Premium)
Total 1st Year Commission : 35% of Premium
2nd & 3rd Year of policy : 7.5% of Premium
4th Year onwards: 5% of Premium Your Expected Commission for Next 5 years:
|Expected Premium||Expected Commission|
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year|
As Years pass by your Renewal Commission keeps on increasing thereby assuring you a pension for the next 20 to 25 years when you stop working or to your family on your death.
We will make sure through our meticulous training that your earnings should be as per above chart, but that requires willingness on your part to take lot of physical pain.
Support from our side:
After getting IRDA license you will be trained by Shri Chandramini Behera, Development officer, popularly known as MENTOR in LIC of India.
- He is on a mission to “Pay Back to LIC” and decided to develop a community of Competent and Committed LIC Agents of international repute. To begin with he will train only 20 selected agents.
- You will be trained on Need Based Selling techniques.
- Your activities will be monitored regularly to insure that you achieve your desired target on time.
Our training program is designed in such a way that you will qualify for MDRT and Chairman Club Membership within 3 years of your agency. That means your income will be at least ₹ 1,00,000 per month within 3 years time.